About This Item
Why We Like This Machine
Why a Factory Cat 34 instead of other sweepers? As air pressure is generated by the rapid rotation of the sweeping broom, it causes air to want to escape the broom chamber through gaps in the rubber skirts, and end up surrounding the operator and the sweeper. Dust filters are installed in sweepers to divert the air flow and screen out this dust.
The Factory Cat 34 has a very effective dust screening design not seen on other walk behind floor sweepers. It uses a permanently mounted polyester felt filter to capture large amounts of air born dust from inside the broom chamber, without blocking the passage of air through the filter. When the dust reaches a point a of saturation on the filter, it will fall back into the debris hopper. A hand operated mechanical filter shaker is used to assist this process. This style of filter is called a "bag house" filter and is often seen in wood shops and industrial plants.
We have installed these durable machines in Norfolk VA shipyards, bagged chemical warehouses, lime mines, concrete bag plants, machine shops, and kitty litter factories with great success. No other small walk behind will work as well at controlling dust and also handle the rough use applications. If it works well on these tough jobs, you can be assured that it will work great in more typical applications, and keep your maintenance costs low as well.
Advantages & Specifications
- Cleaning Path: 34 inches + single side broom.
- Battery Operated: (2) wet batteries included.
- Speed: .2 hp drive power 0-4 mph.
- Capacity: 2.0 cubic feet.
- Recovery System: A bag house dust filter is shaken clean by a hand crank.
- Self Propelled: 1.0 hp motor, 0-3 mph.
- Features: May be used for inside or outside applications. (operates with a floating broom for uneven surfaces), The Factory Cat 34 will sweep as much as 5 people with brooms, but with out the cloud of dust!
- Dimensions and Weight: 450 lbs shipping weight, 51 L x 34 W x 38 H
- Caliber Warranty: 60 days parts and labor coverage.
Parts & Literature
VP of Sales - The Caliber Team
Dave Booth, Vice President of Sales for Caliber Equipment, Inc. has been with Caliber Equipment for over 20 years, helping expand us into both a local east coast sales, rental and repair hub as well as a vast online supplier and resource for floor cleaning machine information.