Serving Virginia, West Virginia and Southern Maryland and the World Since 1996
Factory Cat 34 / 34HD
Industrial Walk-behind Floor Sweeper
Why a Factory Cat 34 instead of other sweepers?As air pressure is generated by the rapid rotation of the sweeping broom, it causes air to want to escape the broom chamber through gaps in the rubber skirts, and end up surrounding the operator and the sweeper. Dust filters are installed in sweepers to divert the air flow and screen out this dust.
Typical commercial floor sweepers use a paper panel filter to screen this air. However, extreme dust can clog the folds of a paper filter blocking the air flow at the filter’s paper surface. Even the use of a mechanical shaker will not totally clear the imbedded dust from these closely packed leaves. It is this point where the paper filter is replaced. This can be a significant expense at 40 to 80 dollars per filter.
The Factory Cat 34 has a very effective dust screening design not seen on other walk behind floor sweepers. It uses a permanently mounted polyester felt filter to capture large amounts of air born dust from inside the broom chamber, without blocking the passage of air through the filter. When the dust reaches a point a of saturation on the filter, it will fall back into the debris hopper. A hand operated mechanical filter shaker is used to assist this process. This style of filter is called a "bag house" filter and is often seen in wood shops and industrial plants.
We have installed these durable machines in Norfolk VA shipyards, bagged chemical warehouses, lime mines, concrete bag plants, machine shops, and kitty litter factories with great success. No other small walk behind will work as well at controlling dust and also handle the rough use applications. If it works well on these tough jobs, you can be assured that it will work great in more typical applications, and keep your maintenance costs low as well.
• Available in an HD "heavy duty" version which includes a number of machine upgrades.List Price: Call for Pricing! *Vendor restricts the display of prices online
• Sweep path is 34 inches.
• Hopper is 2.0 cubic feet.
• A quick disconnect, (swap-able), 185 AH battery operates this sweeper for up to four continuous hours.
• Battery charger is built in.
• A bag house dust filter is shaken clean by a hand crank.
• May be used for inside or outside applications. (operates with a floating broom for uneven surfaces).
• The Factory Cat 34 will sweep as much as 5 people with brooms, but with out the cloud of dust!
• New machine warranty: 3 years parts and 1 year labor.
Refurbished Factory Cat 34 Sweeper
Available for purchase is a Refurbished Factory Cat 34 Walk Behind Sweeper. The simple design and all steel construction of the Factory Cat 34 combine to create a high reliability product, especially noticeable in extreme conditions. This is the lowest maintenance product in our inventory!
• 34" deck.
• Battery Powered.
• Warranty: Caliber Equipment will cover labor and parts for two months.
Refurbished Used Equipment:
Model 34 34" sweeper - 2 months parts & labor warranty through Caliber.
Price: Contact Us for Availability